Monday, March 9, 2015

Make a Mix Monday: Brown Gravy Mix


Today I'm focusing on the Brown Gravy Mix I used to make my grandmother's Cabbage Rolls. I found the recipe for the mix over at My American Confessions.

Pros: 
  • It smelled great and tasted wonderful!
  • It only uses 6 ingredients
  • Is super simple
  • Since I didn't have a store bought gravy mix on hand
    •  I feel like I saved myself money
    • Saved a trip to the store (which now that I live out-of-town, is a savings of around 20 minutes)
    • And saved my family from a few unknown preservatives.   
Win-win-win!

Cons: 
  • It took about 5 minutes to make; so slower than store-bought.  Except, of course, that it is faster to make than to drive to the store and back. 
 
Although, for the unknown ingredients, I should look into a substitute for those Wyler's Beef granules - but one step at a time.  I feel like I'm still just a new-by at trying to keep recipes simple and from scratch. 
Anyway, check out the recipe over here

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi All,

I've had a few random people commenting not-so-nice content on my blogs so now you'll have to go through some comment moderation. But feel free to still leave comments if you'd like!

Thank you!
Krista