Monday, June 11, 2012

Family Silhouettes - out of an old waterbed and scrapbook paper


I've always loved family silhouettes on peoples' walls.  When I started to see them on line last year, I decided to make my own rendition.

It looked a little like this - gargantuan and dark.
 When we had been married for about 2 years we acquired the frame to an old 70s or 80s water bed.  As you may remember, they are huge and solid wood - ours was dark brown and too much for our little house, so we painted it white.  Luckily, we were able to find another freebie bed frame later and got rid of that one, but I kept the 4 doors that were from the head board.  I knew they'd come in handy! (9 years later) 



 It looked much like this.


I don't have a before picture or even much of a tutorial.  I just used the same scrapbook paper that I used for my necklace holder and traced each of our profiles.  

Then Mod-Podged them onto some brown scrapbook paper and duct-taped them to the back of the doors.  The doors we had painted white with the rest of the bed to make it seem a little less imposing.  For the frames I thought I wanted them to be wood, but as I sanded them down I liked them just like that.  They don't have any top-coat or anything, just slightly sanded and done!

 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi All,

I've had a few random people commenting not-so-nice content on my blogs so now you'll have to go through some comment moderation. But feel free to still leave comments if you'd like!

Thank you!
Krista