Tuesday, January 26, 2016

Baking Through the Alphabet: The Letter P

The Letter P:


The Letter P:

Of course, with a teenager, and a pre-teen, you probably know what we'll be having for supper with the letter "P".

Pizza of course! Luckily, there are so many healthy foods, to go with Pizza, that also start with "P".
  • Pizza
  • Peaches
  • Pears
  • Peas
  • Pickles
  • Pomegranate

For our baking, we chose something easier than usual, but I had never made one from scratch, so it was a good fit: Peach Cobbler.  Every other time I've made it, I've just added cans of peaches to cake mix and drenched it with 7up - which is a fantastic recipe for camping!  But "baking-through", so we made followed a great recipe with actual flour, sugar, and various scrumptious spices. 

Our movie musical was Peter Pan, the live musical version (though we've seen and love the Disney cartoon version a lot!).  My kids were surprised to see Peter played by a woman, but they really enjoyed the movie.  


  

Some of these I've never seen: The Phantom Tollbooth, Paint Your Wagon, and Porgy and Bess.  I included The Phantom Tollbooth because my 14 year old loves the book and we'd like to see it in the near future.  Paint Your Wagon and Porgy and Bess are classic musicals that could be good to watch.  
I forgot a picture of Perfect Harmony, but the Disney musical film of this is really quite good.  Set during the Civil Rights era in South Carolina.  Wholesome entertainment, that one!

Of course The Phantom of the Opera has amazing music!  I kept it on here, but have only seen the film version from 2004.  And I would hold off showing it to my kiddos until at least 13.  

Popeye.  I first was introduced to this film when I was a child. The music is quite addicting and the film slightly goofy, but it was a favorite in our family.  

The Poor Little, Rich Girl.  Like many films from that era, it is hard to get into, but I love the film for it's music and dancing.  

Pete's Dragon, another one with catchy music, but it's hard to watch the rendition of the green dragon with purple/pink accents.  

Pinocchio has never been a favorite of mine, and my kids didn't like watching it much because they know that Pinocchio is about to do wrong and they have a hard time knowing he is going to get into trouble.  "Why is he at that place, that Pleasure Island?" - as they hide behind the couch.  Luckily it does end well, with him turning into a real boy by doing a good deed.  

Pocahontas, though historically inaccurate, has some decent music, but it's not the best musical of all time.  
  • Peter Pan
  • Peter Pan (cartoon)
  • Pocahontas
  • Pinocchio
  • Pete's Dragon
  • Poor Little, Rich Girl
  • Popeye
  • The Phantom Tollbooth
  • The Phantom of the Opera
  • Perfect Harmony
  • Paint Your Wagon
  • Porgy and Bess

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi All,

I've had a few random people commenting not-so-nice content on my blogs so now you'll have to go through some comment moderation. But feel free to still leave comments if you'd like!

Thank you!
Krista