And what did I do with his old, horrible one? (Which I got on Craigslist, BTW - always check the drawers before purchasing! - it was a beautiful dresser, but only 4 drawers and the two bottom ones were terribly annoying.)
something like this on Pinterest, thought it was a brilliant idea and knew that this cute dresser could have a better use.
Here is the dresser after being in Max's room for a while (he's liking red with neon green currently). See the drawer opening crookedly - grrrr.
|Checking to see if the basket will fit...nope!|
|Dresser after hammering the front strip of wood out.|
|Used some left-over wood for a computer desk we're building that we cut incorrectly.|
|Measure Twice, Cut Once!|
|Using a table saw is a more sure way to make straight cuts (than, say, a jig saw).|
|Placing the newly cut piece in the dresser.|
|Since it was bowed a little, I screwed in the side pieces, then nailed around the rest of the edges.|
|Without the drawers the space in the back is very noticeable!|
|I decided to use the piece from the front of the original dresser (that I had hammered off) to fit in the back space (above). Luckily all I had to do was cut off the little end there.|
|Just a note, clean the dresser of cobwebs before painting. ;-)|
|Dresser/shelves being primed with paint.|
|With add weight for the shelf (since I want it to hold shoes) and only support on the sides, I felt it needed some support in the center.|
And Voila! A beautiful serene entry/storage table: