Tuesday, October 29, 2013

Fun idea for jewelry storage


Last May, I visited my home town and found that a craft fair called Sun Fest was in full swing.  I loved walking around the booths to see the different ideas that creative people come up with.  Unfortunately, everyone's browsing was cut short by a tornado warning, but not before I came upon a jewelry maker.  Her style was very unique in that she used old silverware to make earrings, bracelets, necklaces and other things.

At this point in my life I don't think I could do that sort of thing and will probably just purchase from her, BUT her display racks were AMAZING and such a fun idea for displaying jewelry!

So, I came home and finally found something at a road-side fresh produce stand of all places that would work to imitate this woman's idea of a jewelry display.  As you see (below) it is only a candle holder with china dishes on it.  The china is from my own cabinet, but if I were keeping this indefinitely or selling it, I would peruse the thrift stores for the perfect china plates to fit on each candle holder.

The silverware jewelry looked nicer, but the possibilities are endless with this idea, right?!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi All,

I've had a few random people commenting not-so-nice content on my blogs so now you'll have to go through some comment moderation. But feel free to still leave comments if you'd like!

Thank you!
Krista