Friday, October 10, 2014

Beautiful Beliefs

  I have some beautiful beliefs.  They concern the tender mercies of a loving Heavenly Father and the love, example and the grace of His Son, Jesus Christ.  Through the years, through myself or close loved ones, I have encountered depression, divorce, death, addictions, anxiety and other weighty matters.  Yet over and over two beautiful beliefs have supported me and sustained me through times of trial.  
                
The first belief is in the scripture from John 14: 18 and 27: "I will not leave you comfortless: I will come to you....Peace I leave with you, my peace I give unto you: not as the world giveth, give I unto you. Let not your heart be troubled, neither let it be afraid."  We are given peace from The Savior - that peace can be found even in times of anguish and despair.  I have felt that peace again and again.  
             
The other belief that has sustained me is kind of two-fold but all makes sense as one concept.  I am a spirit daughter of a loving Heavenly Father and He loves me.  He wants me to live with him again and sent His Son to atone for my sins so that I could live with them both again.  And because I am a spirit daughter, so is my own mother; my husband is a spirit son and my children are His also.  He wants us all to be with Him again; and because of that I have the opportunity to live with my family even after I pass away!  Isn't that a beautiful belief?  
                 
Only....I have asked in prayer if it is really a true belief....and through scripture study and much prayer and even some fasting, I now know, that when I strive to do what is right, I will truly be able to be with my loved ones!  I know it!  
                  
I wish everyone could feel of the Savior's peace; that they too could know that God loves us and that we have the opportunity to be with our very own families forever and ever.
  
I am a member of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter-day Saints and I have some beautiful beliefs.   

Pinable Image
We belong to the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints otherwise known as "The Mormons". We are proud of this part of who we are! We are excited to team up with over 65+ of us strong... to extend an invitation to see a film. A film entitled "Meet The Mormons". This film is not meant to be an "in your face" - you must join our church film. It is simply designed and produced to uplift and inspire you through six stories of those of our faith who have followed promptings to follow Christ more fully in their lives. We hope you take the opportunity to enjoy this film. We hope your hearts are made light as you feel the goodness that comes from following our Christ and Savior. All proceeds from the film will be donated to The American Red Cross. So not only will you be uplifted and inspired, your money will be going to an amazing charity!!
[embed]https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=n2Y8Jalsf54[/embed] We also would like to take a moment and share our personal testimonies, stories of our own personal conversions, and our own stories of how following our Savior, Jesus Christ has changed our lives. The light of the gospel of Jesus Christ offers a joy and hope that only following him can provide. We hope as you click through and read our stories and testimonies of the Church of Jesus Christ of Latter Day Saints, you will feel uplifted and encouraged. We are by you! We love connecting with our readers, that is why many of us do what we do! Please be kind and considerate in your comments. It takes great bravery for us to open our hearts and our mouths to share with you such a tender and personal part of who we are. We share because we feel strongly the need to share the peace and the hope that is the Gospel of Jesus Christ.
I'm A Mormon #1
Anita | Live Like You Are Rich, Landee | Landee Lu , Tara & Devin | Salt & Pepper Moms , Mallory & Savannah | Classy Clutter Kelli & Kristi| Lolly Jane
McKenzie | Girl Loves Glam , Pam & Lisa | Over The Big Moon , Melanie | Forty Eighteen , Sky | Capital B Adell | Baked in Arizona
I'm a Mormon #2
Andie | Maybe I Will , Shatzi | Love and Laundry , Robyn | Create it Go , Rachel | R & R Workshop
Tiffany | Feel Great In 8 , Katelyn | What Up Fagens? , Brittany | BrittanyBullen , Ginger | Ginger Snap Crafts , Stephanie | Crafting In The Rain
Chelsey | Cee Me Be , Amber | Crazy Little Projects , Kallie | Smitten By, Elyse, Kristen, Lauren, Steph, Kendra & Camille | Six Sisters Stuff Annette | Tips From A Typical Mom
Kierste | Simply Kierste , Tayler | The Morrell Tale, Jennifer | My Daylights , Cambria | Live To Be Inspired, Danielle | Today's The Best Day
I'm a Mormon #3
Nat & Holly | My Sister's Suitcase, Britni| Play.Party.Pin , Montserrat | Cranial Hiccups , Heidi | A Lively Hope , Ashley & Meegan | Flats to Flip Flops

              

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi All,

I've had a few random people commenting not-so-nice content on my blogs so now you'll have to go through some comment moderation. But feel free to still leave comments if you'd like!

Thank you!
Krista