Saturday, December 13, 2014

Catching Up



You may have noticed that I haven't posted in a long while!  My family and I sold our house in KC and moved out to the country.  We're currently renting a beautiful home while building a new one.  I know, an amazing dream in the works and a great blessing!

Now that I'm a little more settled, I would love to share some things I've been working on!

When I "grew up" and became a wife and mother, I figured out fast that I had a hard time staying on task and keeping up with the job, the family and the home.  So, I came up with themes for myself to get stuff done, like Mopping Monday and Fish Friday and Water the plants Wednesday.  This way I often could remember what to do, when, and things were less likely to be neglected.  Does anyone else do that?  Well, anyway, I know it's a little weird, but it sure has helped me A LOT!

In order to keep myself on task here, I decided that I had better do something similar for this blog.  So, introducing:    


To save money, and to know what's going into our daily meals, I've been working a lot with mixes from Pinterest and from The Make-A-Mix Cookbook.  On Mondays, I'll just give some info on how I thought the mix worked, or if I think another worked better; if it sped up my cooking time, etc.
  


Wednesdays will be filled with different things.  Whatever I have worked on recently that doesn't fall into the other two categories.  For instance, when my kids were much younger, to help in learning the alphabet and how to read, each week we focused on one letter. And in that week, for one meal, we'd focus on that same letter.  My daughter, being the youngest, doesn't remember it and only remembers seeing the signs I made (which sadly didn't make it in the move).  Anyway, though she is an avid reader, she wanted to do that again.  Only this time wanted to pair it with, what she called, "Baking Through the Alphabet".  Among other things, look for that on Wednesdays.



And of course, my stress-reliever and enjoyment, finding furniture in dumpsters or on the side of the road or at the Habitat ReStore and making them to fit my home (or another person's home). 

Because the holiday break is fast approaching, I'll be starting this at the beginning of the new year. See you then!

* I may not always be able to post every Monday, Wednesday, and Friday, but I will do my best to get it done.*

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi All,

I've had a few random people commenting not-so-nice content on my blogs so now you'll have to go through some comment moderation. But feel free to still leave comments if you'd like!

Thank you!
Krista