Thursday, March 20, 2014

Bloom Where You're Planted

As mentioned, I had hoped to have the reveal of my master bathroom...but like all projects, this one is going a little longer than hoped.

So since today is the first day of spring, I thought I'd post some hopeful flowers and a nice message.



I love spring! It's my favorite season!  But the words "bloom where you're planted" have special meaning to me.  When I was a child, my mother had a wooden plaque on the kitchen counter that read those words.  At the time, I thought I knew why she had that always within eyesight; she was the only child, out of five, who moved away from her parents.  In fact, my grandparents and all four of her siblings still live in the same basic area that they lived in when my mother was growing up!  I figured that she was reminding herself that being in a new place was a new start and opportunity for beautiful growth.

Recently, though, I had an experience that gave me the idea that perhaps blooming where I'm planted doesn't have to be as literal as moving from one state to another. Instead it sometimes could be being put in a situation that is not comfortable or that is unfamiliar, like a new job, or a new position at church; those too can be times where you can bloom.  In this recent experience, like spring, I had the opportunity to have much growth.

So, bloom where you're planted and enjoy the beauty of that bloom!

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi All,

I've had a few random people commenting not-so-nice content on my blogs so now you'll have to go through some comment moderation. But feel free to still leave comments if you'd like!

Thank you!
Krista