Wednesday, August 26, 2015

Whatever Wednesday: Roadside Find; large metal clock


 A friend of mine was driving through her neighborhood almost two years ago and found this metal medallion sitting on the curb with the garbage.  Knowing that I love finding new life for old things, she called me up and asked if I wanted it.  At the time I was getting ready to move and didn't think I would want to being moving an additional piece of metal along with all my other project junk (we will call it junk until it has a purpose).  But it's shape and design intrigued me, so, of course, I took it.  It has since moved twice and I finally have a place for it!



Right on the mantle of our new home.

While I really liked the way it looked before, I wanted some of the dark teal and oil rubbed bronze that bedecks the rest of the house.

So I spray painted it dark teal.


Then added oil-rubbed bronze on top.


Sanded the oil-rubbed bronze off in some spots, which brought out some of the dark teal and some of the previous gold/mustard color.

Then added dark teal clock hands for additional color (and so we could actually see the clock hands against the bronze).


Originally I was kicking myself for spray painting this piece because it was very well done and had dimension to it, but this is growing on me. And...it matches everything else in the house. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi All,

I've had a few random people commenting not-so-nice content on my blogs so now you'll have to go through some comment moderation. But feel free to still leave comments if you'd like!

Thank you!
Krista