Wednesday, September 9, 2015

Whatever Wednesday: Cake Plate Love

Did anyone else jump on the band wagon of making your own cake plates a few years ago?  I did, and loved making them for activities like my son's cub scout dessert auction fundraiser (that's a mouthful!).  My daughter also wanted to make one for her dresser.

It's an inexpensive, fun and super duper easy project!  They may not last forever, nor will they go in the dishwasher, but They're cute and add a little extra to a gift.

 These are just from the Dollar Tree, so $2 here. 
 Glue them together with E6000 glue.
 I decided to prime this first, just on the underside and on the candles stick. 
My daughter chose pink...
 ...to match her tiny tea set. 
 This plate is from Target, I think it was $3- the candle stick from the local thrift store for $.49. 
 I did spray paint the candle stick navy before gluing it to the bottom of the plate.  Like I said inexpensive, fun, and easy cake plate love! 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi All,

I've had a few random people commenting not-so-nice content on my blogs so now you'll have to go through some comment moderation. But feel free to still leave comments if you'd like!

Thank you!
Krista