Thursday, November 28, 2013

Thankful

Today is Thanksgiving and I'm enjoying time with family and later with friends so this won't an in depth tutorial. 

 Last year I made an autumn wreath.  When I put it up this year my son mentioned that it was "not really thanksgiving-ish".

I thought of all the different ways I could make it reminiscent of  gratitude: some scrap pieces of wood in the garage with "give thanks" stenciled on it, then attached to the wreath; using some of the burlap which is used to hang the wreath to make a banner;  but in the end, for time purposes and laziness, I decided that I'd type the word "thankful" on some tan card-stock, print it off, cut it into triangles and sew the triangles together with my sewing machine - yes, even on paper!

So, here is the finished product: 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi All,

I've had a few random people commenting not-so-nice content on my blogs so now you'll have to go through some comment moderation. But feel free to still leave comments if you'd like!

Thank you!
Krista