Wednesday, February 11, 2015

Whatever Wednesday: Embroidered Chemistry Onsies

Are you made of Copper and Tellurium, because you're  

My father is a chemist, but it was never one of my strong points.  However, that never stopped me from periodically quoting chemistry puns and trying to find as many chemistry-related things to 
me to make some fun gifts.  


And speaking of fun, chemistry related gifts, with Valentine's Day approaching, check out these fun Valentine Chemistry Printables from Kirstin at craftiments.com.  They are so cute! 


Ok, on to the topic.  Since neither my husband, nor I, are chemistist or really knowledgable in that area, but that I love finding chemistry stuff to make as gifts - it must have stemmed from my dad being hard to shop for....anyway, thank goodness both my sister and my sister-in-law married chemists!  

So I was able to make these:  


The onsies are from Micheal's.  The white fabric is an old sheet. 

I used a Mark-B-Gone pen to write the words.  I really like these pens because they just wash out with water.  Easy-peasy.  

 Cut it out and put some fusible interfacing on the back and pinned it on. 


 Then hand -embroidered it.  It took about 45 minutes to an hour to do the "CuTe" one. 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi All,

I've had a few random people commenting not-so-nice content on my blogs so now you'll have to go through some comment moderation. But feel free to still leave comments if you'd like!

Thank you!
Krista