Let's talk homemade oatmeal packet recipes. There are some fantastic ones all over the internet.
Here are 12 of my favorites:
1. Over at Amy Love Her Life is probably the easiest recipe. Just two ingredients! And it is yummy! I just didn't like the amount of sugar. But my daughter loved it!!
2. Rachel from Creative Homemaking has 5 different recipes, each easy. I love, love, LOVE that she has a peaches and cream recipe - my favorite!
3. If you're looking for a super creamy version this one has the option of coffee creamer (or powdered milk). Check it out at Mrs. Happy Homemaker.
4. My favorite is probably Brittany's recipe from A Healthy Slice of Life. I really like hers because she breaks down how to make your own oatmeal. Not that the others didn't! But her pictures, and ideas for more nutricious options and ingredients won me over! Plus she was one of the only ones who used regular oats instead of quick. Her one drawback was that her recipes didn't have powdered milk - and you know, I'm trying to use it so I don't need to spend as often for regular milk at the grocery store.
5. Does anyone remember Raisin and Spice Oatmeal? Whether you have or you haven't, you have got to try this recipe at Danette's Recipes! It is certainly a little more work than our first two recipes but so much bang for your buck - and for your tastebuds! Yummy!
6. Bargain Briana has five great recipes for small oatmeal packets as well! She doesn't put in too much sugar, uses powdered milk and even has a cocoa oatmeal recipe!
7. Another bunch of easy, quick recipes are over at MOMables. Theirs are easy to make, use powdered milk and remind you that you can control the amount of sugar.
8. For a delicious, but more detailed recipe, check out Barefeet In the Kitchen
. There's lots of great ingredients and the option to add flaxseed or wheat germ. Among other things, flaxseed adds fiber and omega3 fatty acids. While wheat germ gives you fiber and protien. Both wonderful additions to your diet!
9. Have you ever heard of the awesome idea to add oil extracts to your oatmeal? Well, at Heart, Hands, Home they had the idea to put maple flavoring into their recipe. If you'd like another taste, how about some vanilla in the mix?
10. Jillee is another favorite of mine! She shares the "why" as to why store bought turns out creamier and thicker than most homemade recipes. And her instructions are flawless.
11. For the most bang for your buck The website Deals to Meals has easy recipes - single, bulk and with the added bonus of a granola bar recipe and a link to homemade granola.
12. If you're looking for some very out-of-the-ordinary delicous recipes, try these from The Vegan Lunch Box. You certainly can't find blueberry/orange or coconut/pineapple in a Quaker Oats version of instant oatmeal!