Wednesday, March 25, 2015

Whatever Wednesday: Peep Wars!!

  

Easter is approaching with all it's divers kinds of candies and sugar-coated deliciousness!

In my opinion, Peeps is not one of those "sugar-coated delicous" items.  My kids love them but personally, they are just not my thing....until a friend introduced me to Peep Wars!  She's been having Peep Wars for years!

Here's what you do:

  1. Buy some Peeps - chicks or bunnies (we chose chicks because they stand up more easily and because I think they are the original shape of those sugar-coated marshmallows).  
  2. You and your child, friend, or significant other choose a Peep.
  3. Decorate your Peep with a toothpick sword, javelin, bow and arrow; a microwavable hat out of a cut off Popsicle stick; etc.     
  4. Then place your Peep and your opponent's Peep on a plate facing each other. 
  5. Put in the microwave                                                             
  6. Cook for 30 seconds.                                                                       
  7. The best part is watching those Peepish fiends going at it. Whichever one blows up the largest and/or drop his weapon(s) last wins.                                                                                     
  8. Listen to your children's peals of laughter (or if it's a day with little sleep, you may be laughing uncontrollably with your spouse too)                                                                 
  9. If my kids win, they get to eat their Peep.  If I win, they have to get me a piece of chocolate at the next possible opportunity.  (You see, I love chocolate waaay more than marshmallows!)  Yes, I totally won this one!  We've never actually had one of the Peeps stab the other (gruesome) but it happened this time!  Awesome!
Are you going to go get some Peeps for a Peep War this year?   If you do, let me know how it goes!




No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi All,

I've had a few random people commenting not-so-nice content on my blogs so now you'll have to go through some comment moderation. But feel free to still leave comments if you'd like!

Thank you!
Krista