Easter is approaching with all it's divers kinds of candies and sugar-coated deliciousness!
In my opinion, Peeps is not one of those "sugar-coated delicous" items. My kids love them but personally, they are just not my thing....until a friend introduced me to Peep Wars! She's been having Peep Wars for years!
Here's what you do:
- Buy some Peeps - chicks or bunnies (we chose chicks because they stand up more easily and because I think they are the original shape of those sugar-coated marshmallows).
- You and your child, friend, or significant other choose a Peep.
- Decorate your Peep with a toothpick sword, javelin, bow and arrow; a microwavable hat out of a cut off Popsicle stick; etc.
- Then place your Peep and your opponent's Peep on a plate facing each other.
- Put in the microwave
- Cook for 30 seconds.
- The best part is watching those Peepish fiends going at it. Whichever one blows up the largest and/or drop his weapon(s) last wins.
- Listen to your children's peals of laughter (or if it's a day with little sleep, you may be laughing uncontrollably with your spouse too)
- If my kids win, they get to eat their Peep. If I win, they have to get me a piece of chocolate at the next possible opportunity. (You see, I love chocolate waaay more than marshmallows!) Yes, I totally won this one! We've never actually had one of the Peeps stab the other (gruesome) but it happened this time! Awesome!