Friday, April 10, 2015

Furniture Fridays: A Bushel and a Peck (wooden basket display)

 

Anything that helps to make a house more organized is such a wonderful thing!!  At a garage sale in March and I found this great wooden basket holder.  It used to hold bushels of canned produce at a berry farm.

Other than some cobwebs and a little bit of dirtiness, it was in great shape!  But I really love white furniture and I felt like this just needed a quick fix of white paint to really make the baskets pop and become the focal point of the whole piece.  

So, I did a light sanding (because I don't think you need to waste time on a deep sanding when the wood is already pretty raw).   My purpose for sanding was to clean off the bird poo, dirt, and smooth it out so the finished product would be soft and splinter-less. 

  Then I primed it with a water-based primer. 
 Added one coat of our house's trim color.  Done! 




 As a side note:  As I was writing this post I couldn't keep the song, "A Bushel and a Peck" from running through my mind.  You know, the one from Guys and Dolls?  "I love you, a bushel and a peck, a bushel and a peck and a hug around the neck..."



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi All,

I've had a few random people commenting not-so-nice content on my blogs so now you'll have to go through some comment moderation. But feel free to still leave comments if you'd like!

Thank you!
Krista