Friday, July 31, 2015

Furniture Fridays: Landing Table: For the Love of Spray Paint

In our previous home, we loved this beautiful set-up!  It was the first thing a person would see upon entering our house.  Because I didn't have a fireplace and a mantle, I used these two tables to decorate for each holiday or season. 


Now, I do have a fireplace and mantle, but I don't have a place in my living room for this set.  So, it has become our landing furniture. Who knew that was a thing!?!  But we're loving it!

Spray paint.  I love it!  It can change the look of a piece of furniture in just ten minutes!  In our new house our colors are similar to what they were before: whites, greys, turquoise - basically beach-y colors (Yes, beach house in Missouri!).  Instead of the lighter sea-green turquoise color above, I'm trying a more vibrant dark teal-ish color with little pops of yellow and a red or two thrown in every once in a while.

Now the tables house games like mancala and chess and a very old vintage memory game for quick access when we're having family time in the living room. 

This project, because of the wonders of spray paint, took me about 45 minutes to complete!  Just a little bit of sanding, then wiping the particles off with a cloth, and then my favorite brand of spray paint.  Done and done! 

Now I just have to figure out what to do with the other 12 feet of wall space!  Any ideas?

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi All,

I've had a few random people commenting not-so-nice content on my blogs so now you'll have to go through some comment moderation. But feel free to still leave comments if you'd like!

Thank you!
Krista