Tuesday, November 10, 2015

Alphabet Challenge: The Letter J

The Letter J:


The Letter J Meal:

  • Jambalaya
  • Jasmine Rice
  • Jello
  • Juice 
We couldn't decide between baking a Jelly-roll or baking Jello Cookies.  In the end my daughter thought the Jello Cookies looked more fun and we went with them...and I'm so glad that we did!! 

They were really fun to make; and easy!  Fun because you can even use it as playdough before you roll it to bake it.  Even though my kids are older, they had a good time playing with the dough for a bit. 

I found the recipe from Jamielyn at I Heart Naptime.  Her cookies turned out cuter than ours (we cooked them a little too long, so err on the side of under-baked).  Here's her site with the recipe and her cute picture:  http://www.iheartnaptime.net/jello-cookies/


The Movie Musical we chose to watch was Joseph and the Amazing Technicolor Dreamcoat.  I hadn't even seen it before!  While we were on the waiting list at the library for it, we actually found it on television with Donnie Osmond as Joseph!  That was fortuitous! 

 But there is also The Jungle Book of course!  My kids hadn't seen this one either (I know, parenting fail.)  So...we watched this one too! 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi All,

I've had a few random people commenting not-so-nice content on my blogs so now you'll have to go through some comment moderation. But feel free to still leave comments if you'd like!

Thank you!
Krista