Monday, November 9, 2015

Make a Mix Monday: Mixes For Cold and Flu Season

I've been searching for mixes to give or have on hand when I find out someone is sick, or even to use when my whole household is sick which would cut down on cook-time.

Here are some great mixes that I've found:

Chicken Noodle Soup:

Chicken Noodle Soup Mix in a Jar  - from Food.com

This one is good except that the carrots and celery and chicken aren't already prepared.  I suppose I could think ahead and put some cut-up carrots and celery in the freezer...

But here is another one with all the ingredients except the chicken (plus more meal-in-a-jar recipes - scroll down to see the chicken noodle soup recipe).

Soup Mixes in a Jar - Getty Stewart.com


Basic Cold and Flu Tea:

Cold and Flu Tea with Elderberries  - from diynatural.com

This looks amazingly tasty!  A-N-D...elderberries are "used for [their] antioxidant activity to lower cholesterol, improve vision, boost the immune system, improve heart health and for coughs, colds, flu, bacterial and viral infections and tonsillitis. Elderberry juice was used to treat a flu epidemic in Panama in 1995". ( herbwisdom.com)

 For more mixes, like Ginger Root Tea and Peppermint tea, check out this site:  30 homemade natural cold and flue remedies


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi All,

I've had a few random people commenting not-so-nice content on my blogs so now you'll have to go through some comment moderation. But feel free to still leave comments if you'd like!

Thank you!
Krista