Monday, October 19, 2015

Baking Through the Alphabet: Letter E






 Letter E Meal: 

  • Enchiladas
  • Eggs
  • Elderberry Juice 
For the letter E, we made Eclairs!! I've always wanted to make eclairs but have been a little nervous to try because they seem kind of daunting!  That is a great reason to try baking through the alphabet because it let's you try things that are otherwise too nerve-wracking (or I'm to lazy) to try.  



Actually, they weren't as difficult as I had thought they would be.  We used this recipe, here

 This was the trickiest part only because you had to stir vigorously while putting eggs in one at a time.  At least for beginners like us, this was a two person job! 
 This was the easiest part - putting salt into the flour.  Notice how much I'm putting in!  It called for 1/4 tsp and I put in a whole tsp!  Yikes! But luckily none of us could taste it once we ate it.  Whew!
 (My son was taking pictures here, so they're a bit blurry.)   Placing the dough into a ziploc that had one corner cut so that we could pipe it out onto a cookie sheet.

  Again with the blurriness.  Piping them out. 
 The ingredients for the custard filling.  (I just loved the heavy cream from the kids' bus driver's cow.  Living in a rural community does have it's perks!)
 She is learning to "fold the heavy cream" into the pudding mixture. 
 Not too bad for a first try! 



Letter E Musicals: (* = ones that are , in my opinion, decent or fun to watch; ** = kid friendly; *** = the one we watched for our alphabet musical)



  • Enchanted***
  • Easter Parade**
  • Evita *



We loved Enchanted!  It was witty and a bit goofy and just plain fun!  And it ends well for everyone!   

Easter Parade has so many good songs!  I don't think it was a blockbuster hit, but the most entertaining song in that show, in my opinion is Drum Crazy!  It shows off Fred Astaire's dancing and his rhythmic timing so well; and he tap dances, which I love!  

Evita is another movie musical similar to Bye Bye Birdie, in that I'm not sure you'd want you little kiddos watching, It's only rated PG, and it has amazing music, but it is perhaps something to wait on with your kids.  (I'm pretty conservative with what my kids watch though - they had a hard time with Sleeping Beauty and Sword in the Stone until they were over 6 years old.) 

 

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi All,

I've had a few random people commenting not-so-nice content on my blogs so now you'll have to go through some comment moderation. But feel free to still leave comments if you'd like!

Thank you!
Krista