Wednesday, October 14, 2015

Whatever Wednesday: Baking Through the Alphabet, the Letter D

The Letter D:


Letter D Meal:
  • Drumsticks
  • Dried Fruit
  • Dill Pickles



Baking With the Letter D:  Of course we had to make donuts (or doughnuts)! 







Letter C Musicals: (* = ones that are , in my opinion, decent or fun to watch; ** = kid friendly; *** = the one we watched for our alphabet musical)


  • Darby O'Gill and the Little People ***
  • Dumbo **
  • Doctor Dolittle **
  • Dimples **
  • Duck Soup **
  • Dick Tracy * (not sure if I'd let my kids watch this yet)
  • (Damn Yankees is another "D" musical, but it's been so long since I've seen it that I am not recommending it and certainly not for young children.)
We LOVE Darby O'Gill and the Little People!  I mean Sean Connery even sings, and he's a good singer!  And Janet Munro does a great job as an Irish girl taking' care of her father (she was in Swiss Family Robinson too).  But the Leprechaun King and Darby are really the fantastic part of this show.  

Dumbo is melancholy.  Have you watched it recently? But there are parts where the kiddos laughed and even if you just watched to see the song "Baby Mine", it would be worth it.

Doctor Dolittle is a bit different, but it is fun.

And watch Duck Soup if you like slap-stick comedy (and black and white movies). 







No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi All,

I've had a few random people commenting not-so-nice content on my blogs so now you'll have to go through some comment moderation. But feel free to still leave comments if you'd like!

Thank you!
Krista