Friday, October 30, 2015

Furniture Friday: Antique Hat and Umbrella Stand


 This wasn't a large or difficult project. In fact all this project took was a little bit of spray paint. 

I found this antique hat and umbrella stand in someone's garbage pile while I was walking around the neighborhood close to my previous home.  My poor walking partner, Kim, was always such a good sport and would often be ok with an interruption in our walk to help me to load other people's junk in the back of my car - and if it didn't fit in my car, she'd offer to load it into her van and drive it over to my house!  What a great friend, right?!  She's amazing.  But I digress...


My husband and I love this umbrella stand, but when we moved into our new home, there just wasn't a place for it - and now we have a coat closet right by our front door.

 

  
He had the fantastic idea of using it for towels and robes in our master bathroom!  I love that he so easily thought of an unconventional way to use a piece of furniture!


Sadly, the hooks on it did not like having wet towels hanging from them and our new white towels now have a number of rust stains on them.


So, today's project was spray painting those hooks so they won't stain our towels and to match the other hardware in our master bath.  

No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi All,

I've had a few random people commenting not-so-nice content on my blogs so now you'll have to go through some comment moderation. But feel free to still leave comments if you'd like!

Thank you!
Krista