Monday, October 26, 2015

Baking Through the Alphabet: The Letter G

The Letter G:






The G Meal:

  • Greek Gyros
  • Green Beans
  • Grapes



For our baking project, we did an old standby that my daughter, and my son, were both super excited to learn to make!



German Pancakes.  I was raised on these - mostly we'd have them on Sunday mornings when our church didn't start at 9:00, but was in the afternoon instead.

They are some of the simplest things to bake!
  1. Melt 1/2 stick butter in a pan in the oven set to 400 degrees F.   
  2. While the butter is melting, place 1 cup flour, 1 cup milk, and 6 eggs into a blender and blend it until smooth. 
  3. Pour the mixture into the melted butter
  4. Bake for 20 minutes at 400 degrees F
  5. Enjoy with fruit, powdered sugar, jam, etc.

Before it was baked.



 Delicious looking, right? Yummy!

Letter M Musicals: (* = ones that are , in my opinion, decent or fun to watch; ** = kid friendly; *** = the one we watched for our alphabet musical)



  • The Great Muppet Caper ***
  •  The Gnome-Mobile ***
  • Gnomeo and Juliet
  • The Goofy Movie
  • The Gay Divorcee
  • Guys and Dolls
We LOVE the Great Muppet Caper.  My kids cackled and chuckled through the whole most of it! They also love Peter Ustinov, who has a cameo. They also noticed: "Mom, isn't that the guy who plays Nearly Headless Nick?"  

We also love The Gnome Mobile enough that we watched it too.  My 11 year old daughter enjoyed this far more than my almost 14 year old son, but the song is really catchy (I even caught my son laughing at a few parts - I mean those old Disney movies have some funny things happening in them! - Like the car rolling down the hill and the steering wheel coming off in the hands of the driver, etc. - great for kids of all ages!).  

Gnomeo and Juliet we haven't seen since the movie theater, but it was a good movie!  I've mentioned before that my kids have soft hearts and we sometimes have to force them to watch new movies, including animated films.  Such was the case with this one, but they both walked away with smiles on their faces.  

While the Goofy Movie isn't a favorite of mine, my son (and brother) thought the "leaning tower of cheese-ah" was pretty hilarious.   



Guys and Dolls I ended up watching again before showing it to my kids and I'm glad I did!  There were some places (like the dance scene) where I wasn't sure if I wanted my newly teenage son to be watching.  But I hope they can watch it when they are a bit older.

And I haven't actually seen The Gay Divorcee, but it looks like it would be a fun watch.  


No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi All,

I've had a few random people commenting not-so-nice content on my blogs so now you'll have to go through some comment moderation. But feel free to still leave comments if you'd like!

Thank you!
Krista