Friday, October 2, 2015

Furniture Fridays: Buffet turned Dresser

You know that we used an old wooden dresser for a buffet in our kitchen? Well, then we used an antique buffet for a dresser in my daughter's room.

I liked the dresser for the buffet because it had so many strong wood drawers that it could hold pots, pans, utensils and all kinds of heavy kitchen items of that sort. 

For my daughter's dresser, I wanted drawers, but I also wanted storage (to hide her dolls or mostly all her little tiny Pixos that always seemed to end up in the carpet).  We like creativity though, so I didn't want to get rid of them.  So a buffet like this one was perfect because I could have her place her Pixos in a container, and another container of the tools to apply the Pixos, and one more container for the plates; then they could all stack on top of one another and be hidden behind the side doors. 



I found this heavy beauty at the local Salvation Army Store.  It was $40 and well worth it!

Apparently, this is the only "during" photo I have.  I only used Klean Strip's sanding deglosser on this then went at it with some pink oops paint. 

The drawer pulls were awesome already but a bronze color; I just sprayed them oil-rubbed bronze and love how they turned out! 



No comments:

Post a Comment

Hi All,

I've had a few random people commenting not-so-nice content on my blogs so now you'll have to go through some comment moderation. But feel free to still leave comments if you'd like!

Thank you!
Krista